New Orleans Cruise Terminal Information
Last updated on November 2nd, 2021 at 09:49 am
The Port of New Orleans has two cruise terminals:
Julia Street Terminal at 920 Port of New Orleans Place
Erato Street Terminal at 1100 Port of New Orleans Place
Erato Street Terminal is the home port for Carnival Cruise Line and Disney Cruises & Julia Street is the home port for Norwegian Cruise Lines.
The cruise terminals are ideally located in downtown New Orleans, just 5 minutes from the famed French Quarter and are easily accessible off Interstate 10.
There is a refreshment stand serving coffee, cold drinks and snacks, as well as a souvenir stand located at the port.
New Orleans Cruise Terminal Directions
Because there are many one-way streets, follow these directions to the port entrance:
- From I-10 East or West, exit at US 90 W (Exit 234 A).
- Exit US 90 W at Tchoupitoulas (Exit 11 C). This will be the last exit before crossing the Mississippi River on the Crescent City Connection Bridge.
- Follow down ramp to ground level and turn right at the second stoplight onto Tchoupitoulas Street.
- Turn left at the next stoplight onto Henderson Street and proceed for two blocks.
- Turn left onto Port of New Orleans Place after crossing the railroad tracks
- The Erato Street Cruise Terminal (Homeport for Carnival Cruise Line) is located just past the bridge pier and the Julia Street Cruise Terminal (Homeport for Norwegian and Royal Caribbean) is located just beyond Erato.
- Do not try to access cruise terminals from the entrances to Port of New Orleans Place at Julia Street or Poydras Street.
Click the helpful links below:
Cruises From New Orleans:
● Carnival Cruise – Glory, Valor
● Norwegian Cruise Line – Breakaway
● Disney Cruises – Disney Magic and Disney Wonder scheduled to return Feb 2022
New Orleans Weather
The weather in New Orleans is most comfortable from February to May. The most affordable room rates can usually be had in the summer and fall, although keep in mind that the weather conditions then can be hot and humid. There is also a higher possibility of hurricanes during these seasons.
This page contains affiliate links for which we may receive financial compensation when a purchase has been made through one of our affiliate partners.