San Juan Cruise Terminal Information
Last updated on November 10th, 2021 at 09:50 am
There are 2 cruise terminals located in San Juan Puerto Rico: Pan American and San Juan.
San Juan Cruise Port is located San Juan Cruise Terminal is located at Calle Marina, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico, in the heart of Old San Juan and it is an easy walk to shopping and restaurants.
Pan American is located across the bay at Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico and a taxi is needed to get to downtown San Juan.
The majority of ships dock at the San Juan terminal, in Old San Juan, however a handful of ships from Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Disney and Norwegian, use the Pan American pier.
The San Juan terminal has 3 piers:
Pier 1 is used primarily by smaller cruise lines (i.e. Azamara, Silver Seas)
Pier 3 is used by Royal Caribbean for its largest ships
Pier 4 is used by multiple lines, but Piers 3 and 4 share one passenger terminal.
Because of it’s southern location, San Juan Puerto Rico is the ideal departure location for Southern Caribbean cruises. Cruising out of Puerto Rico finally resumed with the departure of Royal Caribbean’s Explorer of the Seas in November 2021!
The following cruise lines have typically have ships that homeport in Puerto Rico:
– Royal Caribbean International
– Celebrity Cruises – scheduled to resume January 2023
– Norwegian Cruise Lines – scheduled to resume December 2021
– Disney Cruises – scheduled to resume November 2022
General Information about San Juan
– Puerto Rico has a sales tax of 7%.
– Business hours Monday to Friday are typically until 5 or 6pm, however some shops stay open late when ships are in port.
– Weather: Average temperature of 80 degrees F (26 degrees C).
– Low tourist season is typically between May and November, but that corresponds with hurricane season.
This page contains affiliate links for which we may receive financial compensation when a purchase has been made through one of our affiliate partners.